Terms and Conditions
Contractual partners for the trainings, workshops and seminars offered by we are village / village.berlin are currently three sponsors, depending on the offer, which will gradually merge into one gGmbH in the course of 2022/2023. These include Queer Matters e.V., Stretch Village e.V. and Kai Ehrhardt AE Trainings & Workshops. All are located at Kurfürstenstraße 31-32, 10785 Berlin, Germany. All services within the scope of the events of we are village / village.berlin are based on these General Terms and Conditions. By registering, the participant accepts these General Terms and Conditions of Participation. They also apply to all future business relations, even if they are not expressly agreed upon again.
Registrations for the events can be made electronically (0nline) or in writing (letter or e-mail). Since the number of participants for events of we are village / village.berlin is limited, registrations will be considered in the order of their receipt. When the registration confirmation is sent, the invoice is also sent, which must be paid immediately and without any deductions.
Online registrations and payments by credit card
Online registrations require immediate payment by credit card, Paypal or bank transfer. We are village / village.berlin assures the confidential handling of all data obtained from the cardholder. Under the e-mail address the cardholder can request information about online payments made up to 90 days ago.
During the payment process, the cardholder’s data is transmitted in encrypted form using SSL technology. Charges to the credit card account are made under the name we are village / village.berlin. Once payment has been made by credit card, the customer will immediately receive confirmation of registration and access data for the workshop, as well as a payment receipt with a transaction ID by e-mail. These should be kept by the customer in a safe place easily accessible. If no confirmation by e-mail is received within 24 hours, complaints will be processed at within two working days.
Cancellations or rebookings to another date must always be made in writing or electronically (by email to ).
If a participant cancels an event without providing a replacement participant, participation fees will be credited as follows:
Up to 1 month before the start: 100%. After that no refund is possible.
For each cancellation or rebooking, a processing fee of 20 Euros (or 25 US Dollars if the payment has been made in this currency) will be charged.
§4 Cancellation, relocation
- We are village / village.berlin is entitled to relocate events. For good cause – including illness of the event leader or insufficient number of participants, as well as in cases of force majeure – the event may be rescheduled or cancelled with full refund of fees already paid.
- In our workshops we work a lot with movement and breath. If you have serious physical limitations, please check with your doctor what you should be aware of when participating. Usually questionnaires are sent out before longer workshops begin and sometimes telephone interviews are conducted. If we come to the conclusion that the workshop you have chosen does not fit into your current life situation, we reserve the right to cancel your participation. In this case, we will either recommend you another workshop from our program or another offer that will most likely support you better, against refund of the already paid amount.
We are village / village.berlin is liable to the participant for all resulting damages, regardless of the legal basis, only in accordance with the following provisions:
- We are village / village.berlin is liable in cases of intent or gross negligence, including intent or gross negligence of representatives or agents of AE according to the statutory provisions. Apart from that we are village / village.berlin is only liable according to the product liability law, for injury to life, body or health, for culpable violation of essential contractual obligations or as far as we are village / village.berlin has given a guarantee for the quality of the service. The claim for damages for the violation of essential contractual obligations is, however, limited to the foreseeable damage typical for the contract. This applies to a participant who is an entrepreneur, even in cases of gross negligence. Liability for damages caused by the performance of we are village / village.berlin to the customer’s legal assets, e.g. damages to other property, are however completely excluded. The provisions of sentences 3 and 4 of this paragraph do not apply in cases of intent or gross negligence, or in cases of liability for injury to life, body or health, or in cases where we are village / village.berlin has given a guarantee for the quality of the service.
- The provision of the preceding paragraph shall extend to damages in addition to performance and damages in lieu of performance, irrespective of the legal grounds, in particular due to defects, the breach of duties arising from the obligation or from tort. It shall also apply to the claim for compensation for futile expenses. However, liability for delay shall be determined in accordance with paragraph 3, liability for impossibility in accordance with paragraph 4.
- We are village / village.berlin is liable for delay in performance in cases of intent or gross negligence, including intent or gross negligence of representatives or agents of we are village / village.berlin according to the statutory provisions. In other cases of delay in performance, we are village / village.berlin’s liability for damages in addition to and instead of performance is limited to 50% of the value of the part of the performance affected by the delay. Further claims of the customer are excluded – even after the expiration of a deadline set for we are village / village.berlin to perform. However, the above limitation does not apply in the case of liability for injury to life, limb or health.
- Insofar as the performance is impossible, the participant is entitled to claim damages in accordance with the statutory provisions. However, the participant’s claim for damages in addition to or in lieu of performance and for reimbursement of futile expenses shall be limited to 10% of the value of that part of the performance that cannot be rendered due to the impossibility. Further claims of the participant due to impossibility of performance are excluded. This limitation shall not apply in cases of liability for intent, gross negligence or injury to life, body or health. The participant’s right to withdraw from the contract remains unaffected.
- The contractual relationship shall be governed exclusively by German law. In the case of participants who do not conclude the contract for professional or commercial purposes, this choice of law shall only apply insofar as the protection granted is not withdrawn by mandatory provisions of the state in which the consumer has his habitual residence.
- The place of jurisdiction for all disputes shall be Berlin, insofar as the customer is a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law or the customer does not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or the place of residence or habitual abode is unknown at the time the action is brought.